As our bebê grows little parts of his tiny body develops in a amazing speed. We can already see webbed fingers and toes. Eyelids have grown longer covering his eyes, his little "tail" is almost all gone. His arms have lengthened and interesting enough his little hands, flexed at the wrist, lays over his tiny heart. Primitive neural pathways are being formed in his brain. It is all too amazing...
Although he is too little and I cannot feel any movement yet, he is constantly moving and shifting around; I can't wait for the first time when I will be able to feel him moving inside my belly.
Changes keep occurring in my body as well. Soon I will need to change bra sizes ;o)
Saltine crackers, frozen grapes, ginger candy and ice cubes have been my best allies for the last week as I am still getting a lot of "all day sickness".
The year of 2008 brought a tough beginning for our family with the sad news of my father's passing. As the year ends and a new year begins I come to the realization that in life we loose some and gain some and as in a full circle, of life and death, life renews itself with the gift of two new lives, mine and my sister's baby, and for that we thank God.
We cannot think of any better way to start the new year and this new phase in our lives.
Until next update.
Happy 2009!
Duke, Laura and the Little Bean
2 comments:
I am so happy for you guys!! When I was pregnant with Stella we used the same website to track growth, etc and I remember when she was a little "blueberry". Each week Luke and I would call her by whatever food item they equated to her size. Enjoy each of these moments and days, for when he/she is a watermelon you will be begging for him/her to come out!! (c;
Much love to all three of you,
Heather
I remember when you mentioned tracking the growth of your baby, but I didn't remember the website name, so I google it and came across babycenter. I love getting the week updates and finding out the changes that are happening with us.
I got baby Stella's new photos, she is a cuttie!
Love back to you guys
Post a Comment